Wednesday, January 20, 2016

creativity and meaning at the end of life...

























beginning work on my piece for the art and healing exhibition at tri-c east gallery in highland hills, ohio - an assemblage (an altered drawer from a reclaimed materials store in canton, ohio + images, including an accordion book, i think) to honor the last flowers my father ever gave me. he surprised me with a bouquet for my train journey back to ohio from texas on the last day of my visit in august, 2014. just a week later, he died. i wonder if he knew those would be the last flowers he would give his daughter? it was knowledge that i refused to allow into my consciousness, but i think that my heart knew... the photos are evidence. i miss him. working on this piece brings him close, and i am so grateful*

No comments:

Post a Comment